VAT is calculated and added to the price at checkout
The Idea & Process
Cassette Plucks.01 is a mixture of physical modeling, some subtractive synthesis and sampling. It contains two different pluck instruments with an oriental vibe - both designed from the ground up. Because of all the care that was put into making of every layer and the magic touch of old cassette recorders Cassette Plucks.01 is another lofi & tasty sounding collection.
Both instruments were recorded in range of 5 octaves, with 4 dynamic layers using 2 different cassette decks. Overall there are 979 samples - 244 samples per deck, plus 2 noise samples from each deck (1,32 GB of uncompressed 24-bit WAV files).
Below, you can listen to how each of the 2 instruments sound, plus how each deck affects the sound in their own different way:
Sound 01 deck A MONO - dark, wooden sound - neutral cassette sound
Sound 01 deck B MONO - dark, wooden sound - lower quality, loose drive belt introduces a lot of pitch instability
Sound 02 deck A MONO - bright, metallic, more aggressive sound - neutral cassette sound
Sound 02 deck B MONO - bright, metallic, more aggressive sound - lower quality, loose drive belt introduces a lot of pitch instability
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note (there’s still some noise left in the samples to avoid denonising artifacts). Noise can still be added with the noise knob - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
Video showing how Cassette Plucks.01 was used in audio demos:
The End Result
Custom impulse responses in Kontakt version
Kontakt version contains custom impulses (4 spring impulses, 4 hall impulses & 3 corridor impulses), along with a choice of whether you want it to be placed pre or post insert effects - same thing goes for the delay.
Useful and fun production tool
If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
Simulated Round Robin
Makes faster note passages sound more realistic and adds to the overall nonlinearity of the instrument - available in Kontakt and SFZ versions only.
Variety of sounds
Aside from the sound of a cassette record with this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already quite a few presets included to get you started (Kontakt & Ableton Live versions only).
- Available in multiple popular formats: Kontakt 5, Ableton Live 9, Logic, SFZ & Multiformat
- 1,32 GB of uncompressed 24-bit WAV samples (979 samples in total)
- Recorded on 2 different decks
- Simulated round-robin in Kontakt and SFZ versions
- 2 instruments
- 2 noise samples (each around 2 minutes long)
- 4 dynamic layers
- Organic sound with lots of little imperfections
Format specific features:
- Full version of Kontakt 5.6.6 (or higher) required - not compatible with Kontakt Player
- Simulated round-robin
- 43 presets
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- Convolution Reverb with custom impulses (spring, hall, corridor)
Ableton Live version:
- Full version of Live 9.7 (or higher) required
- 46 Instrument Racks: 8 basic + 38 additional presets (both with mapped macros)
- Custom Effect Racks
- Full version of Logic Pro X required - not tested in Logic Pro 9
- 20 basic presets (normal, reverse 100%, reverse 75%, reverse 50% & reverse 25% for each deck)
- Compatible with any SFZ player, for example: Plogue Sforzando
- Simulated round-robin
- 8 basic presets (with and without simulated round-robin for each deck)
Share this Product
Awesome sound quality
Love it, love it, love it!! You keep making em like this... and I'll keep give you part of my paychecks haha!
Impeccable. I love this so much this plug ins I recommended 100%.
Hey composers, songwriters, and beatmakers, if you’re as picky about sample libraries as I am then you know that taste is the most important thing. There are a plethora of samples and sounds by different companies. The PhonoLoop stands out because of their attention to detail and taste in the products they are making. The lofi grungy beautiful characters of all their instruments may not be for certain novice producers but for the audiophile that knows, these sounds and instruments have vibe galore. They will bless every track they sit on. It’s a matter of listening to every single sample and knowing that they put time and nuance and it makes all the difference. I look forward to see what they may put out next! (strings?).
Great Product fun to use