VAT is calculated and added to the price at checkout
The Idea & Process
Cassette Vibraphone is the first instrument in cassette series recorded with real round-robin samples - every note in every dynamic layer was recorded 4 times, on top of that Kontakt version still has the option to turn on the simulated round-robin. Cassette Vibraphone was recorded in full range (3 octaves) with 4 dynamic layers using 4 different cassette decks. Overall there are 2372 samples - 592 samples per deck, plus 4 noise samples from each deck (6,76 GB of uncompressed 24-bit WAV files).
Below, you can listen to how each of included decks affects the sound in their own different way:
Deck A MONO - the highest quality, very low pitch instability
Deck B MONO - loose drive belt introduces a lot of pitch instability
Deck C MONO - the noisiest deck of all with medium amount of pitch instability
Deck D MONO - similar to deck B in quality but with its own twist
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note (there’s still some noise left in the samples to avoid denonising artifacts). Noise can still be added with the noise knob - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
Video showing how Cassette Vibraphone was used in audio demos:
The End Result
Custom impulse responses in Kontakt version
Kontakt version contains custom impulses (4 spring impulses, 4 hall impulses & 3 corridor impulses), along with a choice of whether you want it to be placed pre or post insert effects - same thing goes for the delay.
Useful and fun production tool
If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
Real Round Robin
Cassette Vibraphone is the first instrument in cassette series recorded with real round-robin samples - every note in every dynamic layer was recorded 4 times, on top of that Kontakt version still has the option to turn on the simulated round-robin.
Variety of sounds
Aside from the sound of a cassette record with this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already quite a few presets included to get you started (Kontakt & Ableton Live versions only).
- Available in multiple popular formats: Kontakt 5, Ableton Live 9, Logic, SFZ & Multiformat
- 6,76 GB of uncompressed 24-bit WAV samples (2372 samples in total)
- Recorded on 4 different decks
- Recorded with 4 round-robins (+ simulated round-robin in Kontakt version)
- 4 noise samples (each around 2 minutes long)
- 4 dynamic layers
- Organic sound with lots of little imperfections
Format specific features:
- Full version of Kontakt 5.6.6 (or higher) required - not compatible with Kontakt Player
- Real round-robin (+ simulated round-robin)
- 42 presets
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- Convolution Reverb with custom impulses (spring, hall, corridor)
Ableton Live version:
- Full version of Live 9.7 (or higher) required
- Real round-robin
- 73 Instrument Racks: 40 basic + 33 additional presets (both with mapped macros)
- Custom Effect Racks
- Full version of Logic Pro X required - not tested in Logic Pro 9
- Real round-robin
- 100 basic presets (normal, reverse 100%, reverse 75%, reverse 50% & reverse 25% for each deck & each round-robin)
- Compatible with any SFZ player, for example: Plogue Sforzando
- Real round-robin
- 20 basic presets (with and without real round-robin for each deck)
Share this Product
You’ll find some really nice sounding vintage tones that will add a lot to your mix. Always gets people asking what it is when I play mixes to people. Highly recommend for the price
Love the tape character of these sounds, Roman was really helpful in answering my questions and providing video tutorials. Highly recommend these sample packs and dealing with thephonoloop in general.
This library is great, loving the authentic sound that has been captured. Great company with great libraries.
Great sounding plug. You can definitely sound like a dark obscure sample with this (which was what I was looking for) ! Greetings from Paris France to the Phonoloops team
For Rhodes for me, brings a beautiful texture. If I want it less noisy I just turn down the noise knob and it sounds very clear and beautiful