VAT is calculated and added to the price at checkout
The Idea & Process
Cassette Mallets.01 is a collection of 3 bell / mallet instruments recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky recorder. Every instrument from this library is a mixture of physical modeling & fm synthesis with a range of E2 to E6 and 3 velocity layers which were designed from the ground-up for good playability range.
The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like, so it’s very easy and fun to work with. Every instrument has editable “sample start” parameter (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel), so you could easily get rid of the initial transients while designing your sound. Moreover, because of the fact that this kind of instruments sounds great when transposed down there’s an “-12” switch added to the GUI which transposes every instrument down by octave.
Check out the sound of each instrument included in this collection:
Sound A - it has the heaviest sound
Sound B - it has the softest sound
Sound C - it has the sharpest / most oriental sound - due to its nature the lower you play the more dissonant harmonics are audible, especially when transposed down by octave
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note (there’s still some noise left in the samples to avoid denonising artifacts). Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
Feel free to also check out the introduction video:
The End Result
Useful and fun production tool
If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
Simulated Round Robin
Makes faster note passages sound more realistic and adds to the overall nonlinearity of the instrument — check out the introduction video to hear it in action (Kontakt and SFZ versions only).
Variety of sounds
Aside from the sound of a cassette record with this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already quite a few presets included to get you started (Kontakt & Ableton Live versions only).
- Available in multiple popular formats: Kontakt 5, Ableton Live 9, Logic, SFZ & Multiformat
- 511 MB of samples (442 samples in total)
- 3 instruments
- 1 noise sample
- 3 velocity layers
- 49 keys range
- Organic sound with lots of little imperfections
Format specific features:
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) required - not compatible with Kontakt Player
- 31 presets
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
Ableton Live 9 version:
- Full version of Live 9.7 (or higher) required
- 31 Instrument Racks (presets) with mapped macros
- Custom Effect Racks
- Full version of Logic 9.1.8 (or higher) required
- 15 basic presets (normal, reverse 100%, reverse 75%, reverse 50% & reverse 25% for each sound)
- Compatible with any SFZ player, for example: Plogue Sforzando
- 6 presets (3 basic, 3 with simulated round-robin)