|Drum samples used in Demo 04 are from Influential Kit - all other sounds are from Cassette Mallets.01.|
Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only work limited time.
VAT is calculated and added to the price at checkout
The Idea & Process
Cassette Mallets.01 is a collection of 3 bell / mallet instruments recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky recorder. Every instrument from this library is a mixture of physical modeling & fm synthesis with a range of E2 to E6 and 3 velocity layers which were designed from the ground-up for good playability range.
The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like, so it’s very easy and fun to work with. Every instrument has editable “sample start” parameter (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel), so you could easily get rid of the initial transients while designing your sound. Moreover, because of the fact that this kind of instruments sounds great when transposed down there’s an “-12” switch added to the GUI which transposes every instrument down by octave.
Check out the sound of each instrument included in this collection:
- Instrument A has the heaviest sound:
- Instrument B has the softest sound:
- Instrument C has the sharpest / most oriental sound - due to its nature the lower you play the more dissonant harmonics are audible, especially when transposed down by octave:
Feel free to also check out the introduction video:
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note. Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
The End Result
Useful and fun production tool
If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
Simple, one page interface
Everything is laid out on one page allowing fast sound design possibilities.
Simulated Round Robin
Makes notes sound realistic when played ostinato (even when playing fast) - check out the introduction video to hear it in action.
Variety of sounds
With this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already 31 presets included to get you started.
- 511 MB of samples (271 MB after lossless Kontakt compression)
- 3 instruments
- 49 keys range
- 442 samples in total (147 per instrument + 1 noise sample)
- 3 velocity layers per instrument
- Editable "Sample Start" parameter
- Octave down switch
- Simulated round-robin
- REV (reverse) mode
- Mono mode
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- 31 presets
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only for limited time