VAT is calculated and added to the price at checkout
The Idea & Process
It's a unique mixture of physical modelling and fm synths recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky cassette recorder. It has a range from C0 to E6 and 4 carefully designed velocity layers. The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like, so it’s very easy and fun to work with. For example, it has editable “sample start” parameter (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel), so you could easily get rid of the initial transients while designing your sound. Feel free to check out the introduction video's to hear and see it in action:
What's new in v1.1:
Ableton Live 9 version:
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note (there’s still some noise left in the samples to avoid denonising artifacts). Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
The End Result
Useful and fun production tool
If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
Simulated Round Robin
Makes faster note passages sound more realistic and adds to the overall nonlinearity of the instrument — check out the introduction video to hear it in action.
Variety of sounds
Aside from the sound of a cassette record with this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already quite a few presets included to get you started (Kontakt & Ableton Live versions only).
- Available in multiple popular formats: Kontakt 5, Ableton Live 9, Logic, SFZ & Multiformat
- 848 MB of samples
- 1 noise sample
- 4 velocity layers
- Organic sound with lots of little imperfections
Format specific features:
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) required - not compatible with Kontakt Player
- 30 presets
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
Ableton Live 9 version:
- Full version of Live 9.7 (or higher) required
- 30 Instrument Racks (presets) with mapped macros
- Custom Effect Racks
- Full version of Logic 9.1.8 (or higher) required
- 5 basic presets (normal, reverse 100%, reverse 75%, reverse 50% & reverse 25%)
- Compatible with any SFZ player, for example: Plogue Sforzando
- 1 basic preset